How to use a webcam in two applications at the same time?
Sometimes you need to use the same webcam for Ivideon video surveillance and, for example, to communicate on Skype. Since a web camera can operate only in one application, you will have to install a special splitter program, which will create a copy of your camera. For example, a free ManyCam application.
Instructions for use:
- Turn Skype and Ivideon Server off.
- Download and install ManyCam.
- Launch ManyCam. Your camera will be automatically added to ManyCam.
- Open Ivideon Server and configure the use of the ManyCam virtual camera, not the real one; to do this: right-click on the name of your real camera and "ManyCam Video Source" and select "Do not use this camera". Ivideon Server will now use the virtual camera "ManyCam Virtual Webcam".
- Start Skype and also configure the virtual camera.
Done. Now both Ivideon Server and Skype will use your camera at the same time.