How to transfer the right to view video and the archive?
With Ivideon, you can easily transfer the rights to view live video and archived recordings from your camera to a specific person or a group of people; for example, you can share access rights to the camera with your colleagues, family or friends.
The option to transfer the rights is available for all rate plans. A camera or a server, to which you wish to transfer the rights, must be connected to your account.
If the person, to whom the rights are transferred, is not registered in our system, we will email him/her an invitation.
Ivideon allows you to give other persons access to view online video, archive, PTZ and notifications.
- Go to personal account and open "My Cameras" tab.
- Click the Settings button under the preview of the camera.
Select "Transfer rights to other users".
Enter email addresses of the users and check-mark those options, for which you wish to grant access.
Click "Transfer the rights", then click "Save".
You can also transfer the rights to other users via the mobile application.
The users who the rights to view live videos and archive were transferred to, will be able to do the following:
• Rename the camera in their personal account (the camera name will not change in the owner’s account) • Delete the camera from their personal account (the camera will remain in the owner’s account)
• Export the archive (the length of the exported fragment depends on the rate plan selected by the camera owner)
... but they will not be able to:
• Delete the camera from the personal account of the owner
• Receive notifications
• Change notification settings
• Change camera settings
• Change/cancel the rate plan subscription for the camera the user received access to
The number of users that can be granted access and the length of the exported video fragment are limited and depend on the rate plan selected for the camera. Compare:
*The number of videos is not limited. Only the length of one single file is limited.