How to connect a web camera to Ivideon Server?
Always use web cameras with original drivers. Drivers provided by the operating system do not always function correctly.
Why?Setting up a surveillance system using a web camera is one of the most simple and economical methods.
Download Ivideon Server on your computer.
- Connect the web camera to your computer.
Run Ivideon Server. All connected web cameras will be automatically detected and added to the used cameras in Ivideon Server.
If Ivideon Server is already running, restart it: press "Exit" and reopen the program.
- Right-click on the name of your camera and select "Settings...":
- Click on the view button (the button with a picture of an eye) - the video from the camera should open.
- Close the preview window and press "OK".
- Press "Start" button on the server.
And that is it! Now you can watch videos from your camera remotely via the Internet.
Learn more about different ways to view video.
Any webcam will load the processor, since it does not produce an encoded image, and encoding for transfer and storing in the archive is a very time-consuming operation for the processor.
You can reduce the load by changing the recording settings for the web cameras.
- Open the "Settings" menu.
- Go to the "Advanced" tab.
- Change the video format from H.264 to MPEG-4. The MPEG-4 compression standard does not load the processor as much.
- If changing the video format is not enough, adjust other recording settings for the web cameras: resolution, bitrate and/or frame rate. ((For more information,see the instructions How to find optimal recording settings for my web cameras?)
- Click "OK" to confirm.
Motion detector also operates using software and therefore creates additional workload for the processor.