How to connect a DVR to Ivideon Server?
Why? If you need to set up an analog video surveillance system that works in the cloud, its installation should begin with connecting a DVR (digital video recorder) to a computer or NVR (network video recorder) with Ivideon Server installed on them.
Each DVR channel is added separately.
Method 1. Manually
- Right-click on the "IP cameras" line in the list of cameras.
- Select "Add IP camera".
- Enter video recorder name.
- Select manufacturer. To avoid scrolling down a long list, enter the first letter in its name.
- Select video recorder model.
- Enter video recorder IP address (for example, 192.168.1.100).
- Enter login and password for your video recorder.
- To use the sound, check the box and select the sound source (microphone).
- Specify the video recorder channel, to which the analog camera is connected.
- Set additional parameters (non-standard port for incoming video and audio, RTSP transport), if necessary.
- Click "OK" to confirm the changes.
Add the remaining DVR channels in the similar manner.
Method 2. Automatically
- If your DVR supports UPnP, you can try finding it using the built-in Ivideon Server network scanner.
- To search for a DVR using Ivideon Server, right-click on the "IP cameras" line.
- Select "Search IP cameras (UPnP)".
To connect the DVR, you need to know its manufacturer, model, IP-address, login and password.
To delete a DVR/camera, right-click on its name in the list and and press "Delete".
If at some point in time you do not need this DVR/camera anymore, right-click on it in the list and press "Do not use this camera". When you need to use this DVR/camera again, you can always change the settings by pressing the "Use this camera" button.
And that is it! Now you can watch videos from your camera remotely via the Internet.
Learn more about how you can view video.
If the DVR is not in the list, please contact the manufacturer of the device. Please indicate that you are planning to connect it to Ivideon and that you need the RTSP link to the video stream (each channel has its own link).
You might find the links in the instructions.
Correct RTSP link should open in the VLC player.
After double-checking the link, you can try adding DVR channels to Ivideon Server by choosing "Other manufacturer" from the "Manufacturer" list and paste the link to the video stream into the "URL" field.
After checking, send us the obtained links, and we will add your device to the devices with Ivideon Server support.
<a href="/help/what-equipment-is-ivideon-compatible-with/">What DVRs are supported by Ivideon Server? </a>