How do I use a webcam in two applications simultaneously?
Sometimes you need to use your webcam for both video surveillance and Skype or other such applications. Since a webcam can only be used for one one application at a time, you'll need to install a special "splitter" program which will create a virtual copy of your camera. One such splitter is a free application called ManyCam.
- Exit from both Skype and Ivideon Server.
- Download and install ManyCam.
- Launch ManyCam. Your camera will be automatically added to ManyCam.
- Open Ivideon Server and disable both your real camera and the camera called "ManyCam Video Source" by right-clicking on them and selecting "Don't use this camera" from the pop-up menu. Now instead of your real camera Ivideon Server will use the virtual "ManyCam Virtual Webcam".
- Launch Skype and configure it to use the "ManyCam Virtual Webcam" as well.
It's done. Now both Ivideon Server and Skype can work with your webcam simultaneously.